Sunday, April 5, 2009

Hmmm

So it has been 33 days since i have given up my cell phone, 7 days shy of the end of lent. Like every great story, it is as you near the end that you begin to look back to the beginning. I originally gave up my cell phone for 2 reasons, 
1 - i needed an escape that in essence permitted me to not really go anywhere, i needed to be free but without actually running free. I figured involved students who care about their grades do not have such luxuries as simply disappearing whenever it is convenient for them. 
2 - Something in me told me that i needed to give up a luxury to understand some sort of lesson. It was with little hesitation that i came to the conclusion that my cell phone had to go. I simply did, i was impulsed to do.

Now that i near the end... I must ask what is it that i have learned...
I think above all, i have learned to love - Friends +Family alike
I have learned to be strong and to do what feels right when it feels right. 

so here is my advise to you...
  
Dear Reader,
      Live for the moment, do not fret over the next thing to come, and never regret. Every situation has a lesson, and you must always learn something from every aspect of your life. So if you new you messed up, say Sorry. If you feel some kind of way about someone, express it!! By no means do i ask that you crash your car into the driver who cut you off in the road, but i do mean that you hug your friends whenever it so strikes you and you kiss the one who makes you makes you smile more than any other.  Do not let anything hold you back from doing what feels right. 

Sincerely, 
      Ms.Flow

P.S. On April 12th, i will post my 10 lessons for Lent 2009. I do not speak gospel by any means but i do feel the need to share my hard learned lessons during this time of sacrifice. 

Love, Peace, and Poetry.....

No comments:

Post a Comment