Saturday, February 7, 2009

Our Last Conversation

No, I don't believe you
No, I can't read your actions
No, I don't know how you feel
Please, stop pretending

I can take it
Give it to me straight

You know i'm heartless 
I can handle the worst

JUST Say it!!

......Fine

I'll say it for you,...

(pause)

-----(Inner thoughts)----For once, i don't know what i am about to say,
I don't want to say what i want to think he feels 
and it be true
I don't want to say what he may not feel 
and it be false.
But i just can't wait until he scrounges up the nerve to say it himself.

Teetering between the uncertainties of our interactions, i come up... inconclusive

(I pause my own thoughts for reflection)

--------

So here it goes...  "You ______ ME!" 

[ He stopped, fighting me, and just looked
he did not have an expression of disdain, nor was it one of joy or anger

He genuinely had no thoughts

He then gathered his things and walked out]

I didn't cry

he didn't turn back

although a small part of me wished he would,
he never came back

I think he was just tired of me
tired of dealing with...
everything i had to offer


No comments:

Post a Comment